Our Next Presentation: A War
THE CRAMPHORN THEATRE, CHELMSFORD – Thursday 25th May @ 8PM
This gripping, thought-provoking film contrasts battlefronts at home and abroad. A Danish patrol in Afghanistan suffers traumatising loss, rebounding on not only the company commander but also his family back home. The action moves from conflict zone to courtroom battles, where actions made in haste have potentially life-threatening repercussions not only for soldiers but also children’s safety and protection.. (Read more…)
Our last presentation ‘Tale Of Tales’
There were 24 response slips returned after the showing of this film, the breakdown from these slips were as follows:
- ‘Excellent’: 4 votes
- ‘Very Good’: 13 votes
- ‘Good’: 3 votes
- ‘Satisfactory’: 2 votes
- ‘Poor’: 1 vote
+ 1 comment with
If you want to add further comments on this film, you are welcome to do so by joining in on our “Tale of Tales” discussion forum.
Film Selection for 2017-18
The selection committee met on Tuesday 11th April to decide on the films for next season. For anyone not aware, this will be our 30th Season. The films selected were as follows:
- A Man Called Ove (Sweden, 2015) – Comedy, Dir: Hannes Holm
- Toni Erdmann (Germany, 2016) – Comedy, Dir: Maren Ade
- After The Storm (Japan, 2016) – Drama, Dir: Hirokazu Koreeda
- Paterson (USA, 2016) Comedy, Drama, Dir: Jim Jarmusch
- Letters From Baghdad (USA, 2016) – Documentary, Dir: Sabine Krayenbühl, Zeva Oelbaum
- Julieta (Spain, 2016) – Drama, Dir: Pedro Almodóvar
- Starless Dreams (Iran, 2016) – Documentary, Dir: Mehrdad Oskouei
- Elle (France, 2016) – Crime Thriller, Dir: Paul Verhoeven
- Personal Shopper (France/Germany, 2016) – Mystery Thriller, Dir: Olivier Assayas
- Goodfellas (USA, 1990) – Crime drama, Dir: Martin Scorsese
- El Sur (Spain, 1983) – Romantic drama, Dir: Victor Erice
- Certain Women (USA, 2016) – Drama, Dir: Kelly Reichardt
- The Salesman (Iran, 2016) – Thriller, Dir: Asghar Farhadi
- Hunt For The Wilderpeople (New Zealand, 2016) – Comedy adventure, Dir: Taika Waititi
- The Student (Russia, 2016) – Drama, Dir: Kirill Serebrennikov
- Citizen Jane: Battle of the City (USA, 2016) – Documentary, Dir: Matt Tyrnauer
=1. After Love (France, 2016) – Drama, Dir: Joachim Lafosse
3. Graduation (Romania, 2016) – Crime drama, Dir: Cristian Mungiu
Membership for the 2016/17 season
As we have now reached the second half of the season, we are offering Half-Season Membership for £30.
Chelmsford Film Festival: 7-10 June 2017
This June sees the launch of the first Chelmsford Film Festival, a 4-day event showcasing current International Short Films, Music Videos and Documentaries. Tickets are now on sale from their website.
Your opinion counts
As well as filling in the Response Slips following the showing of each film, you can leave comments for any of the films we have shown via the Discussion page.
CFC on Twitter and Facebook
To receive regular, automatic notification of our films, why not follow us on either Twitter or Facebook. Both can be accessed via the side panel on the right.
See what Chelmsford Film Club is showing this season on the 2016/17 season page,